Central Georgia Shelters and Rescue Groups
- All About Animals Rescue – is a no-kill animal shelter that gives dogs and cats a home until permanent homes can be found. Located in Macon, GA.
- Baldwin County Animal Control – If you pet goes missing in Baldwin County, GA this is the first agency to contact. Located in Milledgevillle, GA.
- Circle of Friends Animal Society, Inc. – founded in January 2007, this group believes that animals deserve our kindness and that being kind to animals brings forth our best human qualities and creates a more compassionate society. They believe that every life is precious, and do not put a price tag on that life. If an animal needs an investment of time, money, and effort to have a chance at a happy life, they will not turn that animal away. Located in Greensboro, GA.
- FURever Friends Humane Society – a 501(c)3, all volunteer organization that rescues unwanted, abandoned companion animals in the Jones County and Middle Georgia area. Each pet is placed in a loving foster home environment so they can be nurtured while waiting for their FURever home. Also offers spay/neuter assistance. Located in Gray, GA.
- Greyhounds Galore – is a not for profit 501(c)(3) greyhound rescue and adoption organization. Located in Macon, GA.
- Heart of Georgia Humane Society – is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Humane Society that rescues death row animals from Macon Animal Control and Baldwin County Animal Control. Its goal is to eliminate euthanasia by spaying or neutering dogs and cats. Located in Macon, GA.
- Homeless Animal Rescue and Placement Services, Inc. – HARPS is an all volunteer, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the rescue, care and placement of abandoned, abused and unwanted animals in the Middle Georgia community. Located in Warner Robins, GA.
- Houston County Humane Society – is a nonprofit organization with goals to reduce the need for euthanasia of unwanted animals due to severe pet overpopulation and to bring people and animals together through adoption and fostering programs. The members of HSHoCo are dedicated to serving our community and giving all animals in need a chance for a better life. Located in Warner Robins, GA.
- Humane Society of Morgan County – The HSMC is made up of volunteers foster homes. In addition to rescue and adoption, they provide financial assistance for spaying/neutering, an annual reduced-cost vaccination clinic as well as educational materials for the community. Located in Morgan County, GA.
- Oconee Regional Humane Society – a 501©(3) non-profit organization. Their mission is to help lost, abused, neglected, and abandoned animals. A volunteer network of foster homes that assist local animal control agencies place homeless animals. Also provides no-cost spay/neuter assistance to pets of needy residents. Located in Greensboro, GA.
- Putnam County Animal Control – The purpose of Animal Control is to answer the needs of the citizens of Putnam County, GA and its animal population. Our daily goals are to protect the health and safety of the public, enforce state and local laws concerning animal protection, and to promote responsible pet ownership.
- Tri-County Animal Rescue Center – is a rescue group featured on WMGT Channel 41 Wednesday mornings between 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM for the Daybreak Adopt-a-Pet segment featuring our Pet of the Week. Located in Mauk, GA (Marion County).
- Search for other area shelters and rescue groups listed on PetFinder.
Other Georgia sites
- Dog & Cat Sterilization Program – is funded with fees collected through sales of special car license plates in the state of Georgia. Ask at your veterinary office for details.
- Georgia Department of Agriculture (Animal Industry Division) – consists of veterinarians, field inspectors, laboratory technicians, program managers and support staff, all diligently working to ensure the continued protection of animal and public health, food safety, animal welfare and successful livestock production.
- Georgia Emergency Management Agency – http://www.gema.state.ga.us/
- Georgia Equine Rescue League – came into existence for the purpose of helping to end neglect and abuse of equines, and to assist with their recuperation from neglect and abuse whenever possible, and to engage in the transaction of any lawful activity
- Georgia Humane Society – GHS’s mission is to eliminate the killing of healthy animals in Georgia by implementing and promoting the no-kill equation throughout the state. GHS is dedicated to eliminating companion animal abuse throughout the state of Georgia.
- Middle Georgia Kennel Club – located in historic middle Georgia in the vicinity of Macon. MGKC host dogs shows at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, GA.
- American Animal Hospital Association – http://www.healthypet.com
- American Humane Association- http://www.americanhumane.org
- American Vet Medicine Association – http://www.avma.org
- Humane Society of the US – http://www.hsus.org
- Humane Society Youth – http://www.humanesocietyyouth.org/
- National Humane Education Society – http://www.nhes.org/
- No Kill Nation – this website creates a portal for an online community of caring people who are working to see a day when no savable animal is senselessly killed in an animal shelter.
- Share the World – is a free humane education lesson plan for K-5 teachers that’s designed to help your students better understand and appreciate the animals with whom we share our world.
General Interest websites about Cats and Dogs
- Alley Cat Allies – http://www.alleycat.org
- American Cat Fanciers Association – http://www.acfacat.com/
- American Kennel Club – http://www.akc.org/
- Cat Channel – http://www.catchannel.com/cfcc_portal.aspx
- Dog Channel – http://www.dogchannel.com/dfdc_portal.aspx
- Feral Friends – http://www.feralfriends.org
- United Kennel Club – http://www.ukcdogs.com/
Sites about Other Animals